Wichita >Real Estate Operators > Riverpark Plaza Apartments
400 W Central Ave, Wichita, KS | Directions 6720337.695482 -97.342358
THESE APARTMENTS ARE THE WORST EVER. MY FIANCE LIVED IN THESE APARTMENTS AND HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. HAD MOLD AND WASP NEST IN THE HOUSE THE HOT WATER TANK WAS OFF THE GROUND THE FLOOR IN THE BATHROOM WAS SO ROTTED AWAY IF U STEPPED TO HARD IN THERE YOU WOULD FALL THROUGH. WE CALLED THE OFFICE SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY ASKED IF WE HAD ANYTHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. THERE WAS SO MUCH MOLD IN THE APARTMENT THERE WERE PILL BOTTLES LEFT UNDER THE CABINET IN THE BATHROOM THE LABEL ON THEM HAD TURNED GREEN CAUSED BY TO MUCH MOLD. WE CALL THE CITY OUT TO INSPECT BUT BY THE TIME THEY DECIDED TO CALL US BACK WE ALREADY MOVED OUT. THE MANAGEMENT KNEW THEY WERE WRONG FOR DOING PEOPLE LIKE THAT SO WHEN WE DIDN'T PAY THE RENT OR TELL THEM ANYTHING THEY JUST ASKED FOR THE KEYS BACK. THESE WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU IF YOU MOVE IN HERE.
Worst Apartment I Have EVER Experienced – I moved into these apartments over the summer with a co-worker. Upon move in we already had a list of a few things that needed to be fixed/looked into that we gave to the management. Now, four months later, I have yet to see much inmprovement and several other things continue to go wrong. Cockroaches, leaking refridgerator/dishwasher, mold in one bathroom/closet, light fixtures not working, dangling light fixtures, mis-shaped front door (losing heat), leaking faucets, stained carpets, the list goes on. We have called the manager several times and she is either not helpful, or swears that our issues don't exist. Either I'm going crazy, or she's the worst manager I've ever heard of. Do not live here, it will become a HUGE regret.
it s ok – river park is comimg to be a nice area,,,security is good the one on 3rd is a ass but he is good guy i call and security comes over
Riverpark Apartments...two thumbs down – PROS -
1. ON-SITE LAUNDRY ROOM
2. FIRST APARTMENT BUILDING I LIVED IN THAT HAD SWIMMING POOLS
3. THEY ALLOW PETS
4. THEY HAVE A FITNESS CENTER NOW
5. THEY HAVE REASONABLE RATES
1. THE STAFF IS PATHETIC; THEY'VE BEEN PROMISING ME FOR NEARLY A YEAR THAT THEY'D HAVE A HANDICAPPED PARKING SPACE MADE FOR MY MOM SINCE SHE CAN'T WALK TOO FAR WITHOUT HURTING, PLUS, OUR FRONT DOOR AND WINDOWS CAUSE OUR UNIT TO BE DRAFTY, THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH CRITTERS (I HAD 0 BEFORE I MOVED HERE, NOW THERE ARE A LOT & MAINTENENCE POSTS FLIERS SAYING THEY'RE GOING TO SPRAY THE UNITS, & THERE'S ONE PERSON WHO COMES IN, PUTS A GEL AROUND THE KITCHEN DRAWERS AND CABINETS AND THAT'S IT)...THE OFFICE STAFF CONSISTS OF 3 LIARS AND 2 PEOPLE I NEVER TALK TO BECAUSE THEIR SPANISH ACCENTS ARE TOO THICK...THE ON-SITE SECURITY CONSISTS OF 2 OR 3 MENTALLY HANDICAPPED GUYS WHO SERIOUSLY LOOK LIKE CHILD MOLESTERS & NONE OF THEM ARE GOOD AT THEIR JOBS...IF I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH NOISY NEIGHBORS OR WHATEVER, I CALL THE COPS NOW, BECAUSE WHOEVER'S WORKING SECURITY DOESN'T ANSWER THEIR PHONE...EITHER THAT OR PEOPLE JUST DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY.
2. TELL ME WHY IT'S NECESSARY TO HAVE ALL OF THESE NICE LITTLE STATUES OF DOGS AND WHATNOT NEAR THE OFFICE? GOD KNOWS THOSE WEREN'T CHEAP.
3. HAVING AN ON-SITE GYM IS COOL AND ALL, BUT, COULDN'T THEY HAVE SPENT THE MONEY THEY USED ON REMODELING THE OFFICE BUILDING TO DO A BETTER PAVING JOB IN THE PARKING LOT?
4. THERE SHOULD BE A SECURITY GUARD POSTED IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM AT ALL TIMES, OR AT LEAST AT NIGHT. NOT EVERYONE STAYS AT THE LAUNDRY ROOM WHEN THEY'RE WASHING CLOTHES, BECAUSE OF THE ROWDY HOMELESS PEOPLE OR ROWDY TENANTS. ALSO, I'M NOT REALLY SURE EVERYONE WHO IS WASHING CLOTHES IS ACTUALLY A TENANT.
5. THESE APARTMENTS NEED UPDATED DOORS & WINDOWS.
6. THEY NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE DURING THE SUMMER TO WATCH THE POOL & MAKE SURE EVERYONE'S FOLLOWING THE RULES. NO MORE TRASH, UNATTENDED KIDS, INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE & KEEP IT CLEAN.
Do not live here – This place is by far the worst apartments i have ever lived in, poor and slow maintance, trash blowing around the complex constantly, the pools are disgusting, there are constantly people fighting and partying all night, and the people that live here have no respect for anyone or anything, i will be moving out at the end of my lease for sure. Nothing is ever done about noisy neighbors either
Not the place to raise your family – While living at these apartments i noticed that a lot of homeless ppl hang out around the laundry facilities. i personally caught the homeless stealing close from the dryers. There is also a long waiting period if you need things fixed in your apartment. The pool area is less than desirable. As trash and baby diapers are found around the pool on a regular basis. The trash bins are dumped once every week and a half thus they are over full and trash is blowing around the parking lot and buildings. I will be moving AS SOON as my lease is up.
best apartments – I love this apartments because it is nice and quiet, and I have not had any problem at all with anything, or people. They are upgrading it by adding a fitness center, and clubhouse, and just put in a new laundry facility. They are under new ownership and is cleaning the apartments up. Communication is a little problem, but it is manageable. I been to apartments where my my I was scared to sleep at night. At these apartments I do not have to worry about it. I feel very comfortable here. Everybody is so friendly.
Terrible Staff, Terrible maintenence, Bad Complex – The apartments were in a nice location but have a terrible staff and the Better Business Buarea says they have failed to communicate. The staff would hang up on me, Two didnt speak barely english and The manager would never speak with me when i would call and need help, I was harrashed by neighbors and threatened for my life and the Managment wouldnt allow me to be released from my lease. They wouldnt fix any problems and made up fraudulant work orders saying that the problems were fixed when they never were, and they didnt spray for the Insects they required me to take care of them, they would enter my apartment with no notice and leave lights and equipment behind, the staff would never give proper work orders that needed to be done, and the apartment wasnt ready when i moved in. I would stay away from this complex, They arent friendly and dont do work that is needed they are more focused on getting a new office instead of taking care of customers, The night security also doesnt care if your in danger if the police cant do anything neither will they and they wont even offer to help. STAY AWAY....BAD COMPLEX....
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Riverpark Plaza Apartments on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.